When AP McCoy first became champion jump jockey in 1996, Roger Federer had never won Wimbledon, Usain Bolt was an unknown kid in the Jamaican backwaters and Muhammed Ali had just lit the cauldron at the Atlanta Olympics. Two decades later and AP McCoy remains the world's greatest jump jockey and one of the UK's most talented sportsmen.
AP ended his truly phenomenal career as Champion Jockey for the 20th consecutive year, recording 4348 wins (which includes the 2010 Grand National, the prestigious Cheltenham Gold Cup, Champion Hurdle, Queen Mother Champion Chase & King George VI Chase). He remained at the top for 1040 weeks - longer than any other sportsman. This incredible man and BBC Sports Personality of the Year spent his career setting records which will not be broken in our lifetimes – a tribute to his stamina, endurance, motivation and dedication to the world of sport. We have had champions, we have had legends, but we will never have another AP McCoy.
AP is associated with some strong brands – brands that reflect his ambition, endurance and motivation. He is an Ambassador for Albert Bartlett, William Hill & the Face of Cheltenham Racecourse. He is part of BBC Radio 5 Live's Racing team and President of the Professional Jockey's Association. AP is an exclusive columnist for The Times newspaper. He has also written autobiographies and the fictional book “Taking the Fall“. A film about his life and career – “Being AP” - is currently in production and will reach over 200 cinemas in October 2015.
In April 2015, a week after hanging up the saddle, AP received BT's Outstanding Contribution to Sport award.
AP is an exceptional speaker, providing inspirational keynote speeches, motivational talks and Q&A sessions. As one of the greatest sporting personalities of all time, he dominated his sport for 2 decades. The 20 times Champion jockey, and world’s greatest, has set records we won’t see broken in our lifetimes. AP was named BBC’s Sports Personality of the Year and achieved several lifetime achievements.
AP’s keynote speeches, Q&As and motivational workshops inspire any audience, as he discusses common values such as strength, winning mentality, success, trust, team work, drive, changes in strategy, professionalism, endurance as well as sport meets business.
Other topics include:
• The Key Ingredients for Success
• Maintaining success at the highest level
• Exceeding expectations & managing success
• Overcoming challenges & career pressures
• Strategy, setting goals & achieving targets
• Inspiring audiences with his phenomenal career achievements
• How to maintain focus, determination & drive
• The use of data and technology within sport
• Balancing an obsession to win with a fear of failure
• Pushing mind & body being their limits
• Team work, loyalty, trust, outsourcing
• Managing a healthy work & life balance
• Providing an insight into the Mind of A Champion
• Sports Meets Business
• Facing retirement
• Forging new careers and business activation
• Nurturing the new generation workforce
• Mentoring and empowering others
Tags for AP McCoy OBE