Alex Horne’s innovative style and penetrating wit allows him to make every performance unique. Whether it’s hosting a corporate awards dinner, presenting an interactive quiz or providing after dinner comedy entertainment, Alex Horne consistently surprises and delights his audience with his exceptional ability to take the ordinary and make it extraordinary.
THE HORNE LECTURES
For corporate clients Alex Horne can use his comedic skills, combined with the niftiest use of Powerpoint on the circuit, to create a unique, bespoke performance. Renowned for his hilarious lecture-like shows, Alex - assisted ably by the Edinburgh Festival Award winner Tim Key - offers a spoof seminar for every occasion.
With specialist subjects including:
• Body Language - “A beguiling blend of the smart and the stupid, conveyed by a blithely brilliant double act; straight man and straighter man. A real delight.” The Times
• Laughter - “Not in a long time have I seen a comedian break down the barriers with his audience and put faith in them in such a funny and original way.” The Herald
• Birdwatching - “Horne’s wide-eyed appetite for knowlege shines through and uncovers the naturally ridiculous elements of his findings… And who on the Fringe can wield a better PowerPoint presentation?” The List
• Words - “Horne is an engagingly smart man, a sort of Dave Gorman of the intellect. He has created a genuinely smart show. He not only entertains, amuses and impresses, but he makes you want to join in.” The Scotsman
• Science and Golf - “The future of British Comedy.” ShortList
Alex Horne is a very versatile speaker. For an event with a particular theme, he will provide a tailored show, perfectly suited to the evening.
THE COMEDY QUIZ
Alex Horne and Tim Key also offer a comedy quiz, complete with computer graphics and sound effects, and purpose built for any occasion. As quiz masters on BBC4's We Need Answers they perfected the roles of question master and score keeper and can tailor the questions and rounds to people or companies. Alex has written the 2010 end of year quizzes for both The Times and The Observer so is becoming increasingly sought after as a man who can ask good questions.
Quiz rounds will be similar to those of the television show, and may comprise of some, none or all of the following:
• Burning Issues & Fiddly Questions: each contestant answers a question in turn, some of which are based around a general theme relating back to the audience or industry.
• You or Him / Her: contestants answer questions about themselves, or try and score double points by answering questions about their opponent.
• The Physical Challenge: contestants take part in a physical challenge based on a question texted to them by a member of the audience.
• Quick fire Meltdown Round: A timed round of quick fire questions on buzzers, with all the questions scoring double points. At the end of this round, the contestant with the lowest score loses and must leave the stage wearing the clogs of defeat. The winner gets a certificate.
• Big Money / Personal Prize Showdown: The winner can choose to answer a special question for a (very) small cash prize, or perhaps a personal item brought along by one of their fellow contestants.
Alex is also available with ‘The Horne Section’ - brilliant music combined with interactive comedy, The Horne Section is unlike any other entertainment package.