Immy Barclay is a sports presenter working across motorsport, tennis and golf. She's regularly interviewed top sport personalities from Sir Lewis Hamilton and Valentino Rossi to Rafael Nadal and Rory McIlroy; and can be relied on in high-profile settings, hosting live and in front of large audiences.
In 2022 Immy started working for Formula 1, presenting at Grand Prix all over the world. She's in her element at a racetrack, and having stated her career in MotoGP with Red Bull, has since worked regularly with Formula E and motorsport brands, including Yamaha and Mercedes, hosting product launches and press premieres with their CEO's and motorsport ambassadors.
A keen golfer, Immy has been the lead presenter at the Alfred Dunhill Links Championship proam for the last 5 years. Here she developed the format "Buggy Chat" interviewing players in a golf cart which has become staple series of content at the Dunhill.
In tennis, Immy has worked regularly with IMG hosting the Hurlingham Tennis Classic sponsored by Giorgio Armani; Champions Tennis at the Royal Albert Hall; and covered the Wimbledon finals weekend on the Wimbledon Channel.
With M&C Saatchi her tennis and motorsport experience combined to host an exclusive Q&A with Rafael Nadal at his tennis academy in Mallorca, to launch the KIA electric car.
Interested in the story of sport from all angles, this year she is running a podcast series interviewing female athletes, to explore the good and the bad about the women's game today. It's because of Immy's versatility, developed skills as an interviewer and genuine passion for understanding and sharing experience of athletes that she can contribute to projects across a variety of sports.
Immy graduated Bristol University with a first class honours degree Italian. Her background is in sports production at ITN, creating packages of global news stories.
CV and career highlights include:
• Global launch of Ferrari's Formula One car 2023, broadcast live on Sky Sports UK, Sky Sports Italy, and across all Ferrari channels.
• Formula One: for F1TV hosting Q&A's with drivers, down the pit lane and the grid, and on stage in the fan zone 2022- 2023
• UK's Strongest Man broadcast on Channel 5, hosting alongside Chris Kamara.
• Red Bull: MotoGP Rookies Cup with the young talent team for 4 seasons 2016 to 2019
• MotoGP: ESports Championship finals; MotoE championship series launch; MotoGP VIP hospitality video for Dorna.
• Mercedes: various vehicle launches with Daimler CEO and Mercedes Chief Designer. Notably hosting press in Olso for 4 weeks to launch the EQC.
• Yamaha: various motorbike launches with athlete ambassadors. Notably hosting at Eicma broacast live on Sky Sports Italy.
• Formula E: host of the VIP hospitality on stage at various races in the calendar
• Damen Yatching: launch of the Amels 80 to industry leaders, and an exclusive Q&A with the yacht designers for VIP clients. This production won a creative award in the Netherlands.
• San Pellegrino Young Chef Awards: live in Milan for food industry experts
• Giorgio Armani Tennis Classic at Hurlingham, Champions Tennis Final at Royal Albert Hall, Wimbledon Finals for The Wimbledon Channel: all for IMG.
• KIA electric vehicle launch with Rafa Nadal at his tennis academy in Mallorca, for M&C Saatchi
• Alfred Dunhill Links Championship: proam in St Andrews, various content pieces and interviews with golfers
• PGA EuroPro Tour: broadcast on Sky Sports Golf 2017
• Laureus World Sports Awards: red carpet interviews with ambssadors, 2017 and 2018.
• Manchester United TV: sit-down interview with Spanish speaking goalie David de Gea 2020